Last Updated: May 13, 2020 [Archive]
- The types of information we collect
- How we use the information collected
- Automated processing of data
- With whom we share information
- The choices you have with your data
- How you can access, update, or delete your data
- International transfer of information collected
- How long we retain your information
- Children’s Personal Information
- Using Customer Data
- Privacy Shield
- Changes to this policy
- How to contact us
What type of information do we collect?
- On our website, we may ask for: first name, last name, company name, email address, country, state, partner information, phone number
- We also collect the following information from customers when they register for the Service: company and customer contact information including names, email address, industry, geographic region, website address, postal address, phone number
How we use the information collected
- Information collected on the website is used for a variety of purposes including the marketing, development and promotion of our Service, responding to questions for support and requests, sending security alerts if necessary, providing information about us and our Service. We may also use this information to monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the use of our sites and our Service and for marketing or advertising purposes.
- Information collected from customers is used for providing our Service, promoting awareness of new Service offerings and other account management purposes such as processing orders and invoicing, supporting our customers and sending account related messages and bulletins.
Automated processing of data
- We automatically collect certain information to track visitor activity on our websites. We use this information to improve the content of our sites as well as to provide visitors with a more relevant overall experience with our organization and our site. This information may include information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual, including: name, title, company name, job function, expertise, postal address, telephone number, or email address. We may also collect other information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual such as browser and device information, information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies, and demographic information. We never share this information or information you provide us with third parties except to the extent necessary to provide our Service and only to the extent described in the Terms of Service.
- If you fill out a web form on our site, your information will be stored in our CRM system and some amount of your past browsing on our site may be available to us to determine your interests. We may use this information to more effectively engage with you and improve our site. However, if you use private browsing as described below, you may provide us your information without making your past browsing activity available to us. If you do not wish for us to have your personal information, please do not fill out any of the web forms on this site.
- If you provide your email address and consent for email marketing, some information is collected about when/if the email was opened and what links were clicked. This information is used to assess the engagement and success of an email campaign.
- Clicking on a link in any of these emails may cause you to be personally identified on our site and may cause some part of your past browsing history on our site to be available to our personnel so we may more effectively engage with you and improve our site. If you do not wish for this tracking to occur, you can unsubscribe from our mailings or use private browsing mode to avoid tracking.
- ClickDimensions never uses visitor identification techniques that involve sharing information you provide us with other sites or vice versa. ClickDimensions never stores any information in your computer’s Flash local shared objects area (i.e., we never use what is known as ‘flash cookies’).
If you do not want this site to place a cookie on your browser and track your activity, you may leave the site or you may browse the site using privacy mode in your web browser. To learn how to use privacy mode, refer to the links below depending on the browser you use.
Do we share personal information outside of ClickDimensions?
- We do not share personal information with 3rd parties unless required to provide Services. Sub-processors used to the provide the Service can be found on our Subprocessors page.
- ClickDimensions may disclose personal information in response to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, lawful requests by public authorities (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. We may also share such information if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
What are your choices?
You have the right to request access to, rectification of errors in, or erasure of your personal information. You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and to receive a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. For individuals in the EU, the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, you may always lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority.
How to access and update personal information
If an individual from the EU, Switzerland, or the UK wishes to exercise the above rights, you can open a request in the ClickDimensions Compliance Portal for GDPR Requests. If you are an individual from California, you can open a request in the ClickDimensions Compliance Portal for CCPA Requests. Be advised that there may be legal conditions or limitations on these rights. If you have additional questions about exercising these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Transfer of Information Collected
- Our customer account information and information collected via our website is stored and processed in the US.
- We rely on and have certified adherence to the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States.
How Long We Retain Your Personal Information
- We retain the personal information we process on behalf of our customers as long as we have an agreement with them to process that data, subject always to applicable legal requirements.
Children’s Personal Information
- Our website is not intended for minors under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly or specifically collect information about minors under the age of 13.If you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected such information, please notify us at email@example.com so that we may delete the information from our servers.
Use of Customer Data
- Our customers may electronically submit subscriber data or information to our services when using the Services.
- ClickDimensions has no direct relationship with our customers’ subscribers or recipients, and our customers are responsible for making sure they have the appropriate permission for us to collect and process information about those individuals.
- If you are a recipient of a message from a customer and no longer want to be contacted by the customer, please unsubscribe directly from that customer’s email or contact the customer directly to update or delete your data. Similarly, if you are a recipient seeking to correct, amend or delete inaccurate data, you should contact our customer (the ‘controller’ of your data).
- ClickDimensions is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. ClickDimensions complies with the Privacy Shield for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions. With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield, ClickDimensions is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
- In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, ClickDimensions commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. Individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first email ClickDimensions at firstname.lastname@example.org. ClickDimensions has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to JAMS International, an alternative dispute resolution provider headquartered in London with additional locations in Amsterdam, Milan, New York and Rome. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield for more information and to file a complaint.
- The Federal Trade Commission has jurisdiction over ClickDimensions’ compliance with this Policy and the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. As a last resort, privacy complaints that remain unresolved after pursuing the above channels may be subject to binding arbitration before the Privacy Shield Panel to be created jointly by the US Department of Commerce and the European Commission. For more details, see https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction.
Privacy Notice for California Residents
Changes to This Policy
How to Contact Us
Or by mail:
ATTN: Chief Operating Officer
5901 Peachtree Dunwoody Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30328